Buying a new home is a whirlwind experience, chock full of emotional highs and certainly the biggest single purchase most people will ever make. That being said, purchasing a new home isn’t just a statement on where you are in your adult life. It’s an investment in your family’s future. And while you may be weighing your options on buying a new home or a fixer-upper, the benefits of purchasing a brand new home should tip the scales for a better overall investment into your favor.
One of the best things about newer homes is they are built with energy efficiency in mind. Appliances, amenities and building materials in general are used to promote maximum comfort and minimum impact on your utility bills. Some of the things new home buyers should be looking for include:
- Radiant barrier roof sheathing improves cooling energy efficiency and increases indoor comfort.
- Low-E, dual pane vinyl windows. They block 95% of UV rays and reduce window heat gain by 64% compared to ordinary glass.
- Improved insulation techniques help to minimize gaps and higher thermal properties (R-value) add to energy efficiency.
- Duct work. Designed and properly sealed duct system to improve comfort and efficiency.
- High efficiency lighting. LED downlighting is included instead of less efficient incandescent bulbs.
- Programmable thermostats. Programmable thermostats regulate your home’s temperature year-round.
- Programmable automatic irrigation system equipped with rain-sensor to avoid unnecessary landscape watering.
- Energy Star® appliances. High efficiency ENERGY STAR® rated tankless water heaters, refrigerators, and dishwashers help save money by using less energy.
- Low flow faucets and toilets conserve water and help reduce overall internal household water consumption.
With some of the finest green features available on the market today, Lennar offers “the next generation of living” in the new Everything’s Included® home – a green home designed to save you money while at the same time helping to save the environment.
Lennar’s Everything’s Included® home provides a lifetime of value by increasing energy efficiency at no additional cost, with green building features already included.